Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day Two!!

Just a quick update from our day two!! 
We will actually start from last night around bath time!!
 Loni and I were able to go and help with the girls first baths. It was very exciting for us for many reasons: First being the fact we were able to be with our girls, second being that the girls were actually getting a bath! The nurses had told us it was a good step. That most babies their age usually have to wait for a few days. The girls loved their baths and we loved watching. But the most exciting part was actually being able to hold the them, (well Kamaya, Kyler was still getting weighed and so on before we had to get mama back to her bed.) 
The night was actually pretty lonely... The first night in the hospital with two brand new babies should be spent holding them as you listen to them cry. Not Fast asleep. But we woke up and were able to be with our girls again. Aunt Teya, Grams and Big Sis all came by to say hello early this morning. 
Ok I am going to change gears and stop telling the story and just drop updates about the girls cause nobody really cares! You just want to know they are doing great and want to see pics!!
The Girls are doing great, they are still breathing room air, taking baths, getting their hair done and even eating out of the bottle!! That is SO SO SO HUGE! Kyler is a bit of a pig she has ate 15 cc today!! Kamaya on the other hand would still rather sleep but has been able to eat about 10 cc. The girls again are doing great. They will be here in the NICU for awhile even after we "get out" but they countinue to impress the nurses day in and out!! What champs! Infact they even received Grandpa Johns approval today! He drove down from Heber to see his two new baby girls, although he said they still need to grow alot he approves and loves them very much!!


We were told to just press against them instead of tickling for now! Kamaya again
Mama took this pic from the wheel chair!! Yes the pictures are of Kamaya but no favorites yet!! 
Kyler taking her first bath!! 
Mama a little drugged up but loving the chance to see her girls. 
Kamaya's first bath.
Kamaya was just more alert last night I promise!!!
Mama's girls for sure!!



Check out the cute hairy backs!!







Mama holding her baby


I just love this picture of Big sis showing off her sisters! I was telling her even though they have alot of wires they are doing great, the wires are just monitoring. The only thing they need is their I V!!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Peterson family! They are beautiful additions to the world. I am glad to hear of their positive health status and pray for their continued development and for a rapid recovery for you Loni! We can't wait to see them and to have two great friends for Maddie. I love their names as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... That is terrific that they are doing so well and fighting to get home! I relate all too well. My baby who just turned 1 was born at 34 weeks. Went through the same things. I was told he would be in the NICU until his due date, so for 6 weeks and we took him home in 10 days. 10 roughest days of my life but he came home healthy! You are an awesome support Zak. It's so important! Loni, you look fantastic and I hope you're feeling well. I'll keep your family in my prayers. What an unbelievably beautiful family you all are. Thanks for the continued updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful! Loni I can't believe that those two girls fit inside of you. That's incredible. Only one thing... How much did they weigh? and what was their lengths? Cuz to me they look pretty big for premies... congrats again! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing family! We are so proud of all of you. Can't wait to come see you tomorrow! Jada says Kyler and Kamaya "look like the same". =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those pictures made me CRY! They are so sweet! Glad they are doing so well, I couldn't be happier for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are beautiful! Congratulations! Loni they look just like you! Glad everyone is doing so well! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are Beautiful!. I am so happy for you guys!. This made me cry! the pictures are beautiful!. They couldn't have come down to better parents. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow Loni, your little girls are so little and so cute and precious.. your are amazing. I can't imagine having another one yet, let alone 2!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete